WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
Here at Cades Equestrian Centre we are predominantly a dressage training facility. We train very much along the lines of the “Classical Masters”, believing in keeping everything as simple and straightforward as possible.
Our goal is to have ‘happy’ horses who want to work with you, and not against you. We do not adopt any ‘extreme’, or alternate styles of training methods, and believe strongly in the importance of the riders correctly balanced position, and its influence and support that it has over the horse, thereby allowing the rider to communicate clearly and subtly through soft but independent aids, our intention of how we with wish the horse to travel through its body, in a forward flowing, straight and balanced, self- carrying frame.
Wherever possible, when backing a young horse, we teach the horse, firstly on the lunge, how to organize its body correctly, learning to work freely forward and round up onto the bridle, accepting the contact in a relaxed manner.
If the horse has learnt to carry itself properly at this early stage of its training, then it makes it even easier for the rider and the horse, once we add the extra weight of the rider on top.
- We have several of our own horses in training here at Cades, with the specific purpose of training them on and eventually offering them for sale. (See horse for sale section)
- We train and sell client’s horses on consignment.
- We can help you with your present horse, to improve and further them in their training, or we can help with issues that you may be experiencing with your horse and are unsure how to handle or know what to do.
- 4. Melanie and Linda are also available to give private lessons on your own horse, preferably here at “Cades”, but we will sometimes travel if necessary, should there be enough people seeking lessons to warrant the travel time involved.
- 5. We are also available to give clinics, Linda more Globally, and Melanie more Statewide, so if you are interested in arranging a 2 or 3 day clinic, just contact us and we will see what suitable times can be organized for you. ( See our Clinics page under Services to make a booking).
- 6. We may also be able to assist you in choosing the ‘right’ horse to purchase (not necessarily from us here at Cades), but even more so to give you advice on anything that you yourself have researched and found, and feel you would like a second opinion on. We can also advise you on the purchasing process, ie vet checks, what to look for and what questions to ask etc.